It is an acceptable norm today that most people will spend more than half their lifetime to earn their keep. And as we know, this comes with a certain amount of stress and responsibility, no matter what it is that one does.
It is furthermore “reasonable” for many of us to use substances like tobacco and/or alcohol in moderate to more than moderate ways. If it is so acceptable to spend so much time negatively impacting on our wellbeing, is it not fair to say that we should at least try to spend some time rebuilding our wellbeing and restoring our emotional wellness?
If for any reason you also believe that, to some degree, your emotional wellbeing is not what it should be, and find that your emotions wellbeing is in fact affecting your quality of life, josyo I say that today marks the end of your search for a way to restore your emotional wellbeing.
The ancient Japanese art of reiki has proven to be one of the best ways to restore emotional wellbeing. By restoring the balance within oneself, reiki emotional healing, brings with it countless more advantages in completely restoring our balance. This includes restoring balance to the mind, the body and of course the emotions of a person. Reiki has been used successfully for decades to improve the quality of life of persons suffering from many mental, physical as well as emotional issues.
Today, I want to focus on using reiki to restore balance to your emotions. Other advantages of reiki will be discussed in the next article. The importance of healing our emotions is very important, and it should be the starting point of any reiki healing efforts. Emotions directly affect our social relations on all levels and it also governs how we think and act. In fact, emotions affects everything we do, and how we do it.
It is always best to visit a reiki practitioner at least once, before you start performing reiki healing on yourself. The main reason is that a reiki practitioner can perform an attunement ceremony on you. This is to teach you how to properly connect to the Source, the Universal Source of all Energy. A First or Second Degree reiki practitioner can perform an attunement ceremony. For deep-seated emotional issues, it is advised that you find a reiki master. A reiki master is someone who have completed First and Second Degree, as well as completed strict requirements to become a reiki master.
Below, I will touch on a simplified reiki self healing session you can perform in the comfort of your own home for healing emotional issues. Completing all six steps would constitute one reiki healing session. You can perform this as many times as you feel necessary.
1. Start with drawing the First and Second Symbols of Reiki (Cho Ku Rei & Sei Hei Ki).
2. Think of the emotional problem you are having, which you want to address in this session. Visualize the problem as vividly as possible. When you have a clear vision of your problem, freeze the image in your mind, and then change remove all colour, leaving the image grey.
3. Now that the image is greyed out, imagine changing the circumstances seen in the image, the image will start to show an alternative outcome that you would like to happen.
4. Now, keep this new image in the centre of your mind, focus only on the new image with the alternative outcome and sear it into your memory. It has to replace the old grey image.
5. Create two to three (more if you like) affirmations based on the modifications you have made in the image.
6. While holding your hands over your forehead repeat these affirmations quietly to yourself. This is how you channel ki straight into the Third Eye Chakra. Continue by placing your hands on your Heart Chakra to channel the energy there. You can now continue to keep channelling the energy to other Chakras of your body as needed. As you channel the energy to the different Chakras, linger with your hands, and feel the healing experience that reiki brings to you.
For more background on reiki and the benefits, be sure to visit my Introduction to Reiki page.
Joan White has been practicing reiki for over 20 years. In her latest book “Reiki Healing: Restore Yourself” she teaches a complete course on how anybody can practice reiki on themselves, in the comfort of their own homes.